Madeline (Minor character)

  

Note: Spoilers from Chapter 7 of A World without Misery

    
“There does exist a god, but he does not live in any other special dimension. The truth is that he actually has a physical body. His name is Caelicola, and he lives in silence at the corner of this world. He sees all things, knows all things, and can transfer himself anywhere at once. He can create or destroy anything in this world. When I was alive, I was his servant until I came to understand that he does not want to intervene. When I got sick of watching people die, I left. As fate would have it, I was killed shortly after in an Interfectus attack. I believe that that happened for a reason; I believe that destiny chose me to enter the tempest so that I can guide you to the path of salvation.”

    In that Madeline dies before the start of A World without Misery, she is not a playable character and has no physical stats. Despite being dead, Madeline first makes contact with Hatasuko in Chapter 1 of A World without Misery as a voice in the tempest (see: Tempest of Lost Souls).

    Madeline is the former assistant of Caelicola, whom she claims to be the most powerful man in the world. Despite her former master's strength, she insists that only Hatasuko can be the one to defeat the Interfecti. She claims that it is his destiny, precisely because he has withstood being touched by the darkness. When he asks for more details, Madeline claims to possess the knowledge of the ultimate weapon. She understands the Astrodeus powers which lie dormant in human souls, and she insists that Hatasuko will become the first Astrodeus. Even in death, she promises to be the one who makes it happen. She also possesses lesser-known knowledge about the Interfecti, such as the fact that they can retreat from reality as they fall asleep. 

     “I learned everything about it in the days I spent with Caelicola. It is a truth unknown to the human world. Though we cannot see it and we cannot sense it, every person in the world has a unique power that exists in their very core; this power is the essence of the human soul. It has never shown itself in this world because we as people do not possess the right fuel for this power, so it can never present itself. But I will teach you how to create this fuel. I will teach you how to access this power. Hatasuko, are you ready to step onto the path of your own destiny? Are you prepared to shed your humanity and become the first Astrodeus?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interitus: Manifest (Official Rulebook)

Sail-Rana (vehicle)